Thursday, October 7, 2010

The Night Before Christmas (World of Darkness Style) as told by Patriciann Heron of SL

‘Twas the night before Christmas, in mid-winter time,

Not a creature was stirring, not even the Kine;

Our lives were displayed by Elysium with care,

In hopes that our Prince soon would be there;

The Malkavians were nestled all snug in their beds,

While visions of sugar plums danced in their heads;

My ghoul in her evening wear, and I in my dress,

Were all dressed up in our Sunday best.

When out on the street there arose such a roar,

I sprang from my chair and ran to the door.

Through the Speakeasy I flew down the stairs,

The kindred behind me still unawares.

The moon on the snow gave luster so keen,

I thought for a moment this must be a dream.

When, what to my wondering eyes be displayed,

An exquisite stretch limo, with a long motorcade.

With Ms. DuPrie driving with beauty and lace,

I knew in a moment it must be His Grace.

More rapid than eagles his faithful they came,

And he whistled, and shouted, and called them by name;

“Now, Case! now, White! now, Summers and Simms!

On, Madison! on Dregor! on all Primogens!

Now Brownstone! now, Simpson! now Whips one and all!

On Mitchell! Now dash away! dash away all!”

As dry leaves that before the wild hurricane flee,

They whisked ’round the building, all smiling with glee.

So up to the fire escape the coursers they flew,

With a load full of blessings, Prince Almuerte too.

And then, in a twinkling, we ran up the stairs,

Cursing and swearing to be the first there.

As I reached the stair top, and was turning around,

Through VIP entrance, His Grace came with a bound.

He was dressed impeccably, from his head to his toes,

As he glanced at the kindred, expectation arose.

A bundle of blessings he had flung on his back,

Our needs he provided, for nothing we lacked.

His eyes — how they twinkled! how ivory his cheeks!

Any who displease him truly are up shit creek!

His demeanor was calm, his expression was cool,

What a present his visit on this Christmas Yule.

A wink of his eye and a twist of his head,

Told me no need to worry; I’m already dead!

He spoke to us all, and went straight to his work,

We gathered to listen, like Scots in a kirk.

Wisdom and knowledge, he gave to us all,

To strengthen and protect us, lest we should fall.

His countenance was radiant, his words did inspire,

To clan, sect and kin, one and all, vampire.

And laying his finger aside of his nose,

And giving a nod, to the fire escape he arose;

He sprang to his limo, to his team gave a whistle,

And away they all flew like the down of a thistle.

But I heard him exclaim, ere he drove out of sight,

“Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good-night.”

No comments:

Post a Comment